The SEF Graduate Program is a 12 month training and development program aimed at recent graduates with a commitment to the elimination of poverty and a passion for changing the world.
Successful candidates will be in a 6 month rotational program, which will give them the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in all the departments of the organisation. These include Operations, Administrations, Finance, Quality Assurance, Training, Human Resources, Research and Development, IT and Management Office.
During the second half of the Graduate Programme, the successful candidates will be assigned to one of the departments, based on their personal interests and the organisation’s needs. This will assure relevant practical exposure to a specific department and allow the candidate to strengthen skills needed for future roles within the organisation.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, IT, Accounting and Auditing, Statistics or International Development would constitute an advantage,
- Strong academic record – an average of 65% throughout the course is essential,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Good analytical skills,
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently,
- Advanced computer literacy – Microsoft office package,
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task,
- Self-confident and self-motivated,
- Proven leadership skills and self-starter,
- Applicant must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document,
- Non South African citizens must have a valid work permit and Passport
- Disabled persons are welcome to apply
Hear from our Graduates
Dieketseng, Graduate 2015
I felt honoured to have been accepted for the SEF graduate programme in 2015. I truly got to know the work of SEF by rotating through the operations department in Eastern Cape. This is when the meaning of what SEF is able to achieve first became real to me.
The privilege of rotating throughout all of SEF’s departments helped me to build relationships and friendships that make the work easy. I appreciate the mentoring sessions I’ve received, as they gave me an opportunity to work through challenges and accomplish huge successes.
Zinhle, Graduate 2016
In my graduate year, it was amazing to move to a small town and play a part in improving people’s lives in the process. I am grateful for the opportunity. SEF is continually developing better ways to improve their client’s lives, and that is truly inspiring to me.
The most interesting aspect of my graduate experience was being given the opportunity to work on projects that challenged me and that allowed me to learn something new. Working at SEF, you will always have something to learn!
Nteseng, Graduate 2017
Working at SEF has been my greatest achievement thus far. I was granted an opportunity to learn and develop my knowledge through exposure to different departments, which gave me an understanding of the organisation and how it works to alleviate the burden of poverty in South Africa. This rotational graduate programme helped me to discover my strengths and the role where I fit best in the organisation.
I have always wanted to help people to maximize their potential and improve their lives. At SEF, I’ve found an organisation which shares my passion and helps to make it a reality.
How to apply
Applications open on March 1st each year.
To apply: Email your CV, Cover Letter and Academic Transcript to HRmanager@sef.co.za